Asalaam Alaykum Warahmatullah Wabaarakatuh... We Hope you will see something meaningful on this website and perhaps you might find some correction, You can contact us with Prooves. May Allaah forgive our short comings.

ADVERTISE WITH US

Last 'Call - Episode One

  Last 'Call Episode One The plane has just landed at Ikeja, Lagos state and suddenly I feel a hot shiver run down ...















Image may contain: one or more people and text 
Last 'Call

Episode One

The plane has just landed at Ikeja, Lagos state and suddenly I feel a hot shiver run down my spine despite the fact that the weather was cool. Now should I call this being nervous or what?. Ever since Mas'ud told me we are coming over to to the country, series of thought had crossed my mind. Would she accept me again, the last time we had come visiting in Nigeria she had threatened to give my husband and I another wife and I have kept mute that particular day.
"Three good years, you haven't given birth. Can you see your life. I'm very sure your womb must have been tied down during your promiscuous youth life. Shameless lady -Oninobi, Oniranu, Doko-doko" My mother in law has called me words I have never received in my entire life.
"But Grandma, Olòrun lón pése omo, when the time comes Allāh would provide for me and my husband. And I don't think I deserve all this words from you, I need support and care, grandma" I had told her and she had given me a hot slap on the face that day.

"Never in your life should you call me Grandma, where is the grandchild you gave me. Useless fool. Your mate are busy giving birth to children and you are here focusing on your business, buying clothes day by day, changing cars like clothes. I don't blame you enough if not for my son that brought in a barren wife for me. Get out of my sight" she pushed me as she left our home that day.
Mas'ud came home that fateful day telling me Grandma said I had insulted her when she only came to advice on why I haven't given birth soon. And Mas'ud have comforted me telling me he knew his mother perfectly well after hearing my side of my story.
Can you imagine Grandma lying against me, telling her son I had insulted her when she she has been the one calling me different names.?
Back to reality, after leaving the departures we went to the car space and met a chauffeur who was meant to pick us up. He kept our luggage's at the back of the car and we were on our way to Grandma's house.
Lest I forget, Mas'ud said Grandma had called him telling him she had a very big surprise for him though she never disclosed to him what kind of surprise she had for him. Right now, I'm nervous cos I believe grandma could be cooking something suspicious or else she had changed.
Thirty minutes later we arrived the home of Grandma at Lekki Phase 1. She welcomed us all smiling and happy and to my mind I felt so excited for the treatment.
"Welcome home lateefah. I hope the journey wasn't stressful. Moreso, I have asked one of the maid to tidy up the guest room, so if you are tired you can have your rest." She said smiling. -"And if you are in need of anything tell me."

"Thank you, ma. But I'm perfectly fine. If I feel tired then I would stick to your advice" I had replied her smiling also still thinking of how nice she had suddenly become.
"Akanni, prior to the surprise I have for you. Should I reveal it to you now or when would you like that to be" She asked my husband who was busy pressing his phone.
"I think it should be now cos I think I would be busy later on. I've got lot of things to do. Or what do you think mami" He replied his mother.
"Good, I like your idea. Since your wife is also here with you. It's gonna be a very good idea.- "Biliki, Biliki" she called out the maid. "Tell her to come now."
Who was she calling to come or maybe the person who would bring down the invisible surprise I think. All kinds of thought came rolling down my mind. Mas'ud sat next to me and I whispered to him what the surprise could be and he had replied telling me he knew none.
"No idea!" I resorted to pressing my phone when a young lady came out of the room wearing black Abaya with wine veil and nice shoes. In her mid 20s, -say 22 years old. She looks pretty and plumpy in nature unlike me who is slim and tall. Mas'ud have told me to eat at least five times daily to get fat or add more weight but I have not agreed to the idea. He said he likes plumpy women but had admitted to love me cos he said he loves me. Fine. I had another thought when grandma broke the silence.

"Have your seat my dear, feel free here. You are much welcome to this gathering." Grandma said as she pointed to a sit for the strange woman.- Now, here with me is Aliyah Badmus. Hope you duo knew her name now. She asked me and Mas'ud.
Mas'ud stared at the strange woman for quite some minutes and I feel uncomfortable cos I knew I wasn't as beautiful as she is but I kept calm and swallowed hard.
"So, where is the surprise mum?". Mas'ud broke the silence staring at his mother.
"That's the surprise, she's the surprise. Yes, the surprise I have for you and your wife." Grandma said already on her feet, stamping her legs to the ground while pointing to the strange lady.
"What do you mean she's the surprise. I don't understand?" Mas'ud asked his mother with an iota of confusion on his face.
"She is going to be your wife. Take it or else you see my dead body. I can't allow a barren woman control my son again. Not again. I've had enough." She shouted on top of her voice.
And in my mind, I wished the world should come to an end as I saw my mother in law boiling in the living room and I kept quiet watching like it were a drama. Not a word came out from my mouth.

Written by Raihanah bint Abdul-hakeem

COMMENTS

Name

Aqeedah,2,Articles,31,History,12,Inspirational,18,IOU Blog,14,Islam,28,Islam Daily,13,Islam Q & A,14,Islam Q and A,2,Islamic Q and A,1,Islamic Series,10,Marriage,8,Morning Morale,6,Muslim Home,16,Poetry,1,Quran,4,R.M. AbdulHakeem,3,Salaat,6,Scholars,1,Sunnah,8,Tafseer,1,Umm Salih,3,Understanding my Deen,4,Ust Farooq Aleem Al Egbawiiy,1,
ltr
item
Islam My deen: Last 'Call - Episode One
Last 'Call - Episode One
https://scontent.flos4-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/40587466_1812865168833810_1119540426076848128_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent.flos4-1.fna&oh=fc67693c48cdc51145eb4a2407e4148f&oe=5CB208EC
Islam My deen
https://islammydiin.blogspot.com/2018/11/last-call-episode-one.html
https://islammydiin.blogspot.com/
https://islammydiin.blogspot.com/
https://islammydiin.blogspot.com/2018/11/last-call-episode-one.html
true
2463308121303767888
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy